Monday, May 27, 2013

Series: South in the City

My new internship has been such a blessing and so has my opportunity to move to the city. Every girl wanting to be in fashion dreams of finding her way to New York City, but I never imagined actually doing it. Last summer, I did an internship local to my hometown. It was with an accessories brand representative and I had the privilege of traveling to the city to assist during market week in the showrooms of the multiple brands we worked with. 

This summer, I knew I wanted to do market week, but on a longer timeline. I so enjoyed accessories so when this internship popped up on my radar, I didn't hesitate to apply. Accessories is what I know, what I appreciate, and what I love. Although i applied for many other internships, I knew I could get a lot out of the accessories-based opportunity.

I emailed, applied, interviewed, and they offered the internship! I didn't hesitate for a second to accept. I've talked and talked about what it is, but haven't mentioned who the designer is. I think for now I will keep that information to myself. The designer, sales, and PR team are all very careful about what information they share and I feel out of respect I should do the same. 

What I can tell you, is that she is a well respected designer and CFDA award winner. She is extremely hands on within her company and what I love about most, is that her accessories are made right in Manhattan! I see this as a unique and honorable aspect and it makes me even more appreciative to intern with her!


If you would like to know more, please don't hesitate to ask! 
classyfromnorthtosouth@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment