Monday, May 27, 2013

Series: South in the City

I don't know about y'all, but I feel as though this summer hasn't been much of a summer. Here in Manhattan, we've had more cold and rainy days than warm and sunny. Because of this, I find myself inside reading blogs, watching documentaries, and curling up with my current book more than enjoying the sun.

Luckily, there are a multitude of places here where I can escape the rain and enjoy my summer all the same. These places include:

-The Metropolitan Museum of Art
-Starbucks
-The Bean (a super cute coffee shop--pictures to come!)
-Any of my favorite stores (where I can spend hours browsing and playing dress up)
-My cozy bed
-The Museum of Natural History
-Any cafe (although I do prefer to sit on a sunny patio with a macchiato)
-cooking in my tiny, yet surprisingly nice kitchen
-visiting friends apartments all around Manhattan
 

and of course..where I spend most of my time: My internship!
(more details on that to come)

Here are some of my recent outfits:

There is nothing I love more than popping my collar. I always feel so smooth when I do it, until it half falls and I just look disheveled. I wore this outfit for a night out in East Village
 --j.crew factory button down, jeans, belt, and wedges--old navy denim jacket--versona scarf--

These shorts are so out of my comfort zone, yet I felt like they fit my personal style so well. I wore this to the office one day after looking at the weather and deciding it would be warm. By the end of the work day it was cold and rainy and I was one miserable intern.
--j.crew factory sweater--ann taylor sleeveless button down--j.crew belt--uniqlo shorts--banana republic sandals--

2 comments:

  1. Your shorts are SO cute! I love them. Hope you're enjoying NYC!

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete